Browse up-to-date community resources that are specific to your needs.
DCPS Free Food Sites: https://dcps.dc.gov/coronavirus
DC Public Charter School Meal Sites: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1969ls3Rhz0VMrpEivYAdxWqnxatId4oAkpzc9lR4f34/htmlview
The Capital Area Food Bank is continuing their services — “Prioritizing ease of access for kids and parents or caregivers, the food bank is working with all of its program locations to either continue distributing meals outside at existing sites, or to work with community partners to distribute food at nearby locations.” Families can use this link to find services — https://cafb.auntbertha.com/search_results/20002
Martha’s Table will continue to provide free bagged food at the Commons location in Ward 8 and their Maycroft location in Ward 1. Info here — https://marthastable.org/health-wellness-programs/
Jose Andres Community Kitchens:
- America Eats Tavern, Georgetown: A community kitchen will operate from the back upstairs patio.
- Jaleo, Bethesda: A community kitchen will operate from the side door.
- Jaleo, Crystal City: A community kitchen will operate from the side door.
- Jaleo, Penn Quarter: A community kitchen will operate from the side door.
- Oyamel, Penn Quarter: A community kitchen will operate from the side door.
- Zaytinya, Penn Quarter: A community kitchen will operate from the side door.
- Po Boy Jims: Kids eat free at Po Boy Jims as long as DCPS schools are closed. See menu here.
- Arcadia Foods – Mobile market, pre-orders and FREE meals at each pick up site for youths affected by school closing.
- Aunt Bertha – Aunt Bertha’s network connects people seeking help by zip code. (Shelters, Food Services and more)
- DC Department of Aging and Community Living – Meals will be available for pick-up at each site between 10 am-2 pm for current participants.
- FRESHFARM – Markets are remaining open in select locations
- Good Stuff Eatery (Capitol Hill, Crystal City and Georgetown)- Kids eat FREE while schools are closed
- Hook Hall – Family meals, care kits, homework HQ and more
- Medium Rare DC is delivering free meals to eldery people who are self quartining. Can contact via Twitter at @MediumRareDC or through email@example.com
- S.O.M.E. So Other Might Eat: https://www.some.org/news-events/newsblog/some-response-covid-19
- DC Dream Center
- Mental Health for POC
- Healers for Liberation- Therapy for POC
- Department of Behavioral Health- Warm Line, 1-877-793-4357
- Feeling unsafe at home
- Certified Herbalist- POC, Trauma Informed, Highly Skilled
- Tara Brach- Licensed Psychologist/Teacher
- Bhakti Yoga DC
- Blue Bird Sky Yoga
- Somatic Healing- POC, LGTBQI, Trauma Informed
- Marci Moberg- Healer, Coach,Trauma Sensitive, Empathic
- The Madison House- DC Native, POC, LGBTIQ
- Plum Village
- Obe Fitness
- Ekhart Yoga
- Be Here Now Yoga
- Embodiment Circle- Black Lives Matter DC
- Dancing Ground
- Ecstatic Dance DC
- Unity Woods
- Yoga with Adrienne
Specific Ward 7 and 8 Resources
- Ward 7 and 8 hotline: 202-630-0336
- Collective Action for Safe Spaces’ COVID-19 toolkit with one-pagers in multiple languages.
- Congress Heights on the Rise’s resource page which lists meal programs and distance learning tools for parents.
- The People’s School of D.C.’s coronavirus general resource page.
Black Swan Academy and Black Lives Matter are distributing hygiene kits to families in need. Black Swan will be handing them out at these times:
- Anacostia High School – Wednesdays from 11am to 1pm
- Ballou High School — Thursdays from 11am to 1pm
- HD Woodson High School — Fridays, from 11am to 1pm